Sunday, June 29, 2008

DOOMSDAY (2008)

Where I watched it: STAR Cineplex, Kuching
Duration: 1 Hour 45 Mins
Description: So-so..
Should you watch this? : NO...

A movie without any stars, and it is decent. I'll admit. But, other than that, I didn't feel the movie was up to my standards. It starts with the Reaper virus spreading around the world, forcing a total quarantine of the whole world, and forcing a section only to be guarded and shielded from the devastating virus. To cut a long story short, Eden Sinclair was asked to find out how some humans in the quarantine area managed to survive the virus, and that is when the actual movie begins. During their quest, they were hunted down, and this is when you could see how uncivilized and how bad a world could be without any proper rules and regulations.

I can't say much over the movie as I do find movies like Resident Evil to be more appealing. The movie was kind of weak, and I didn't like the ending. There was a lot of sections in the movie which I thought was exaggerated, and too unrealistic. In fact, I kept wondering when the movie would end as there was always a moment when I felt the movie was at its climax, but in the end... it just wasn't that. In addition to that, the Malaysian Censorship Board removed lots and lots of scenes, making the movie in a total disarray, and I have to wonder why the 18PL tag should be used at all on DOOMSDAY. I should have waited for this movie to hit the TV stations, as it was far from what I expected, and at the end of the day, was just a waste of time and money. I'll give it a 2/5

No comments: