Tuesday, September 8, 2009

He's Just Not That Into You (2009)

This movie was recommended by Dinang after I reviewed Definitely, Maybe. First off, I'd like to say that this movie shows how desperate women are in getting married. Well, it does seem that way in the first few scenes anyway. The story revolves around 3 couples which have issues of their own while highlighting issues such as trust, marrieage, love and passion.

Although the movie does seem rather slow, but this is a movie which grows on to you. Frankly speaking, I felt that the movie was going no where and it was just a typical romance comedy movie, until... well, the ending.

I have watched this movie twice and everytime, I get this overwhelming feeling which I'm uncertain off at the end of the movie. It is just beautiful, that it seems so unreal. The part I like best was the proposal made by Neil (Ben Affleck) to Beth (Jennifer Aniston), which was so darn romantic I wish it was me making such a move. My final verdict: A movie which would kill time, and worth to watch.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

awwww.. thoughtful of you to consider watching it.. it's very predictable, don't you think. typical chic flick movie..

I'm looking for a movie which can knock me off my feet (literally) , like Shrek 1 and 2.. can you recommend any? oh oh, i love confession of a shopaholic AND the devils wear prada.. it's not really a romantic kinda thingy. more to girlish..

cyrildason said...

Well, I think Armageddon is my old time favorite la... and the latest would be Charlie and Me. Its teary and it has its great moments.

As for Romantic Comedy.. So far, the plots are pretty predictable for many, and I actually can't recall one which stands out.